Manage the day-to-day custodial services operations. The Custodial Manager supervises the work of custodial staff to ensure a clean and safe environment for all Client’s buildings.
The Custodial Manager serves as a first-line supervisor in carrying out day-to-day operations for an assigned building. The Custodial Services Manager is responsible for developing and administering operating policies and procedures and providing oversight to ensure standards are consistently applied at all buildings.
- Ensure compliance with Company standards and applicable regulatory codes to maintain a safe environment.
- Manage the Lead Custodian and custodial staff for an assigned building. Hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Identify employee resources and expertise and utilizes employee experiences and skills to plan, schedule, assign and perform custodial and other activities.
- Meet with staff at the beginning and end of the assigned shift. Conducts ongoing training and custodial inspections.
- Maintain an accurate record of shift attendance and ensures that employee time sheets are properly filled out prior to submission to payroll.
- Coordinate the resolution of problems associated with mechanical, plumbing, fire, life, safety alarm systems. elevators, etc.
- Provide input and submits budget recommendations for Company-wide custodial budget. Monitor and oversee operating expenses to ensure conformance to budget constraints.
- Participate in identifying, recommending and implementing opportunities for improved custodial services.
- Requisition service, supplies, equipment and materials to ensure efficient operations. Monitor and maintain inventory.
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance System (CMMS-Aim) for data recording, communication, tracking work orders, etc. Trains staff in CMMS.
- Ensures that Service Requests are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and closed or referred according to department procedures.
- Designated as “essential” personnel and responds to calls at all hours. Responsible for assessing, reporting, and advising Facilities Management regarding the operational status of all buildings during emergencies and extreme weather events. Removes snow, de-ices and clears walkways and steps for safety.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in business, management, public administration or related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Two years experience performing custodial and/or maintenance tasks, including one year in a lead capacity is required.
- Supervisory principles;
- Standard custodial/maintenance practices, procedures and techniques;
- Applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes related to the use of cleaning agents, environmental/hazardous waste, waste management, and recycling policies and regulations;
- Inventory management principles and practices;
- Safety procedures.
Demonstrated Skill in:
- Supervising subordinate staff;
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes;
- Monitoring and maintaining inventory;
- Making minor repairs to building equipment and fixtures;
- Understanding basic blueprints and schematics;
- Resolving conflicts in an appropriate, constructive way;
- Managing projects within assigned parameters;
- Using applicable tools and equipment related to area of assignment;
- Implementing and monitoring policies, procedures and workflow;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds;
- Utilizing computer technology for communication and data gathering;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums; and
- Working as part of a team for consistent delivery of custodial services and to meet established standards.
400 Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339
Send Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields